Ruby Allure's Books

Ruby Allure's Books
Ruby Allure's Books

Wednesday 27 January 2016

That feeling...

 

That feeling...


Oh there is such a sense of euphoria when you complete the editing of an audiobook. Honestly I can't tell you how amazing it is when you have worked with a wonderful producer for months and finally finish over 100,000 words in voice. We worked week by week and chapter by chapter on the audio version of The Ocean Callings.


The Ocean Callings, a teen book about love, the heart and the people of the sea. I have to say I have really loved working on the audio creation. This particular book is very close to my heart because this was my very first book that I drafted over 12 years ago. It emerged into life after having one of those monumental days that change everything. That evening I was walking home from university and a young person was run over on a bike and died. The shock of what happened made me re-evaluate my life and forced me to ask questions about what I wanted to do and what I wanted to be. I reflected on my childhood and of course I wanted to be a mermaid (as you do). That evening, whilst still in a state of shock, I researched mermaid sightings around Britain. Since it was unusual to lock myself in a room, my housemate, who was also a student, asked me what I was up to. I said I was looking up mermaid sightings in Scotland... Yes how normal does that sound? Well it just so happened that her aunty owned a cottage at one of the locations where there had been sightings. That was it... two weeks later we were in Scotland interviewing people about the mermaid sightings and the stories of women who swam out to save pirates from ship wrecks. It was an amazing experience and was the beginning of my authorial career. With that in mind, today is quite monumental because it was in January in 2004 that the writing adventure began... And today is the finalisation of a sequence of events that began on a very dark evening when a person re-evaluated their life because of a death.

Image result for mermaid
It is fascinating how one can transform the bad into good with the right intention. The Ocean Callings will be released at the end of February on Audible, Amazon and iTunes.


You can find my books at the following link: Ruby Allure books on Audible:
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment