Ruby Allure's Books

Ruby Allure's Books
Ruby Allure's Books

Sunday 16 September 2012

Keeping it real with a fake moustache!

I am very much a believer in life revealing your necessary learning if only you pay attention. Over the last few weeks real people, egos and keeping things real caught my attention.

A number of years ago I worked in a book store. The plan was to work there, have my books in stock and then dominate the world... As you do. Obviously that was rather ego driven. I recognise that now.

During my time in that book store we had numerous book signings from famous authors, aspiring authors and non-descript authors. I found it interesting to observe how each acted with the public and their fans. Some were lovely and humble while others basically disappeared up their own posteriors. The worst were those with huge egos who treated booksellers with complete disrespect. I learned so much during this time and became rather amused by how unaware of themselves many were. After intensive author observation, I decided that I did not really feel the need to know the author. I would rather read the story and enjoy the fact the author was a creative channel. With all this in mind, I came to the conclusion that I did not wish to be seen. I respect my readers, yet had no desire to flit around like a diva or disappear publically up my own posterior... Boring!

This week showed me a new perspective because I met an Olympic athlete through rowing. I noticed how she interacted with the public. She was feminine, humble and kind. In fact, she demonstrated how a public figure could respond to people with humility. My whole attitude before was to adopt a disguise using a giant fake moustache. In essence I had no desire to be seen with or without a fake moustache. Of course such a vision could evoke moustachio mania but that is not the point. The point is my perspective changed and that is thanks to someone who had the courage to be authentic and real in a public space. She was a positive role model and brave enough to be herself. So thank you Helen! You provided me with a wonderful insight into how someone could conduct themselves in public. Also thank you for discussing the issue of rower's bottom and the virtues of posterial massage.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008Y600X4

No comments:

Post a Comment