Ruby Allure's Books

Ruby Allure's Books
Ruby Allure's Books

Sunday 12 June 2016

Are You Having A Laugh?


Are you having a laugh?

laugh

Come on admit it: there is nothing like a good belly laugh or laughing until there are tears streaming from your eyes and you can hardly breathe. In fact laughing hysterically is one of my favourite things and I indulge in it regularly. That is why I returned to writing children’s books because I can step into a world of wonder, where the most ridiculous scenarios have me shaking with laughter or force me to take a stroll around the room to get myself back in order. The thing is laughter is infectious. It lifts our energy and even on a cell level contributes to our health. So why aren’t we laughing more? Or laughing as much as possible?



There was a time when I was working for a large corporation and the head of the department, who appeared as though he had a smell under his nose, passed by while I was shaking with laughter. He paused by my desk and asked whether I was actually laughing. I replied that I was. He seemed bemused, as if he had not witnessed laughter in a long time.  Later that day I was called into an office and advised by my manger that I was to limit my conversation to ‘Good Morning and Good Night’ and certainly no laughter shenanigans. I asked him whether he realised that a happy team was a highly productive team. He avoided answering. I also questioned him - I said since people spend a huge amount of time at work – did they expect them to be robots? His response was ‘yes they wanted robots.’ They wanted the ‘robots’ to produce. Needless to say, I handed in my resignation. Within three months ninety percent of team left because the atmosphere had died and people did not want to spend their days doing a mundane job in misery. The remaining ten percent happened to be one person – the manager.
 

As the complete opposite to the above, my great friend is a laughter therapist and laughter yoga teacher. She uses laughter to break down internal barriers. She has developed quite a reputation and recently was asked to hold a speech for the police. So guess what she did? She got a huge hall of police people to laugh like the laughing policeman until everyone was shaking with laughter. The atmosphere in the room was so energised that everything she said was inspired. The room was united in laughter and each and every police officer who attended that talk left with such a positive experience that they would attend again.  The thing is laughter unites people and makes them more open. Don’t you gravitate to the person who is filled with laughter instead of the one who stands like a black-hole filled with doom?



With all the above in mind, I have taken some time out from writing my intensively researched books to having a bit of fun with some children’s books. Some of my colleagues at work asked me to put something together that would appeal to their children. So I came up with The Hairy-Legged Mystery, which went on sale last week, was snapped up for audio this week and the production is already complete and should be released next week. The same thing happened with Tingle Dingle and The Little Mischiefs. Both of these books were written for personal entertainment and friends and were not expected to be put out into the wider market. Instead I wrote them with the intention to create something that made me laugh out loud at the desk and would be fun for my friends to read to their children. I admit, I do do some rather bizarre things and crying at the desk could be considered one of them. The way that I see it is that I write for sheer enjoyment and creativity - that enjoyment involves belly laughter, general tears of laughter at the desk and titles like a ‘cucumber catastrophy.’
What I have realised through creating these books is that laughter is precious. Laughter lifts our spirits and illuminates our souls. The question ‘are you having a laugh?’ made me consider how can I bring more laughter to the world. There is so much doom and gloom around and endless fear being perpetuated that I came to the conclusion we need more laughter. Obviously the answer is not pointing at people and laughing because that would be unfair. This one thought actually was the catalyst for the current children’s book I am writing. I am not going to give details because it is not complete yet.  It does involved giggling, laughter and a baddy who is truly miserable. The thing is the world needs more laughter and unites people positively through laughter. So my question is not only are you have a laugh but how do we encourage more laughter to lift our energy? If you have any answers that would be wonderful!!! This is the reason I released Tingle Dingle and The Little Mischiefs along with The Hairy-Legged Mystery because it is my way of sharing the laughter.






NEW RELEASE: TINGLE DINGLE AND THE LITTLE MISCHIEFS

NEW RELEASE: THE HAIRY-LEGGED MYSTERY



2 comments:

  1. "We don't stop laughing because we grow old..
    We grow old because we stop laughing". :).

    And 'there's' nowt like a dam GOOD laugh!
    Couple weeks ago, l went up the Doctors,
    just for a repeat prescription..Since last
    August, l had a bit of breathlessness and
    palpitations, back of my head, neck, back,
    even around my eyes...I told her it was
    getting worse..She listen to my heart,
    pulse, took me next door...ECG..Within the
    hour l was in Dorchester Hospital..Wait!
    There's more...So, that was a Tuesday..fitted
    a pacemaker on Wednesday, back home Thursday..!
    The point is...I had three days of laughter and
    fun, the best for a long time. Hundreds of years
    ago, l'd written, and done stand~up...Not only for
    myself but for other comics...! So, the Doctors and
    Nurses were great, dare l say it..they loved me! :).
    So much so, they wanted to book me for the summer...
    Cabaret!!!
    And, dare l say it..."I had them in stitches".
    Silly stories like...
    My family are split about my Grandma....half wanted
    to bury her..the other half cremated...?
    In the end..We let her live..!!! :0).

    In the end...'Laughter is the best medicine'.
    Remember...
    "A negative mind will never give you a positive life".
    ~~~Dinner Time~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree with laughter being the best medicine.

      Delete