Ruby Allure's Books

Ruby Allure's Books
Ruby Allure's Books

Friday 27 May 2016

The Joy of Releasing Children's books

Share the Joy...


There are certain things in life that are a real joy and for me sitting creating random stories that make me laugh at the computer is one of them... I know... However, if you don't laugh hysterically at your own jokes then why should other people find them funny? Well that is my justification - I practice my humour on myself!

Anyway now that you all know that I can be found at a laptop laughing, I wanted to share my joy. Writing for children has to be one of the most fun things ever. First of all you can be a real kid when you write and children get the most bizarre humour. What's more, when you see their little faces light up because they love the story... Well that to me is just magical. Of course the best bit is when they actually laugh at something that you have spent ages laughing at... Phew! So today I released Tingle Dingle and The Little Mischiefs - it will be on sale tomorrow on Kindle. It is aimed at the ages 4-7. It was yet another really fun little book that was written for my friend's kiddies. These are the same people that persuaded me to release The Hairy Legged Mystery. So this week two new books have hit the market and I always find it interesting to watch the response... We will see... In the meantime, here is the first chapter. I hope you like it... This book was written to be a bedtime story...



Tingle Dingle and The Little Mischiefs.

CHAPTER 1

Tingle could not help herself as she quietly placed the huge spider on her Aunty Joanne’s plate while she was not looking. Tingle sat waiting quietly knowing that no one had noticed except for her little brother. He knew not say anything otherwise there would be trouble! There was silence in the open plan apartment while the two children waited.

They waited and waited and waited. For two minutes Tingle and Josh sat quietly watching the huge spider climb Aunty Joanne’s roast potatoes. Her aunty stopped chatting, lifted her fork and then... ‘AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,’ Aunty Joanne’s shrill scream made both Tingle and Josh cover their ears.

Aunty Joanne jumped backwards from her chair.

The chair hit a table full of ornaments. SMASH! CRASH! and BAMMMMM!

Tingle sniggered. Her mother quickly grabbed a glass and covered the spider. She then dashed to the communal garden where the spider was released into the grass.

Tingle hid her giggles behind her hand.  Josh sat picking at his peas.

Aunty Joanne frowned, ‘You did that didn’t you Tingle?’

Tingle made her best innocent little girl’s face. 

Aunty Joanne smiled to herself. ‘You think you will get away with it don’t you?’

‘Get away with what?’ Tingle replied sweetly biting the crunchy bit of a roast potato on the end of her fork.

Tingle could not help herself, if there was mischief to be had then Tingle had to be involved. Tingle was the type of little girl that had messy hair, mud on her lovely dresses and had often decorated her younger brother with lipstick on his forehead. She was nearly eight years old and neither tall or short but my goodness she could have a proper tantrum if she did not get her way.  That was Tingle all over - she had to have her own way and create mischief. What made it worse was she had to make sure that she was centre of attention.

When her mother returned from freeing the spider, she stood by the dinner table with her hands on her hips. Tingle was in trouble. She knew she was going to be punished but it was worth it!

YES I AM BOOOOOKTASTIC - BECAUSE I LOVE WRITING! YIPEE! 


My BOOKS ON AMAZON.COM - https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_ebooks_1?ie=UTF8&text=Ruby+Allure&search-alias=digital-text&field-author=Ruby+Allure&sort=relevancerank


MY BOOKS ON AUDIBLE.COM
http://www.audible.com/search/ref=a_mn_mt_ano_tseft__galileo?advsearchKeywords=Ruby+Allure&x=0&y=0 

No comments:

Post a Comment