Ruby Allure's Books

Ruby Allure's Books
Ruby Allure's Books

Sunday 13 December 2015

The Joys of Working on Your Audio Book Creation

The Joys of Working on Your Audio Book Creation
 
Spending the evening listening to an Audio Producer transforming your written words into an audio book is a pleasure that one can be likened to the experience of first tasting chocolate. This Sunday evening I am listening to another five chapters of The Ocean Callings being made into my next audio book. That will be my final audiobook created in a year. That means eight of my books will have been taken on by audio producers and made into audiobook creations.


I have to say that I am so grateful that ACX.com exists because it enables indies and professional authors to have their books turned into audiobooks. What's more, they distribute the finished books through Amazon, Audible and ITunes. Since I am an avid audio book reader the ACX process seemed logical to me. Although, what I had not expected was how professional the audio producers were. Each have all been amazing, hard working, stuck to deadlines and all of this without the promise of an income. Why would they do that? To get good books out there and to take on projects they feel passionate about... I know - I was stunned too.


So this evening I have a nice large glass of sparkling water, a homemade choc-jack and a multitude of accents that fill The Ocean Callings. I have to say that in truth that is bliss. The funny thing about it is that tomorrow I will be back in the world of corporation where ghosts, legends and mystical stories will be replaced by mathematics, metrics and the running of a social media team. That is the reality and the publishing world for me is that beautiful escape. I have to say I love this era where one can write a book, have it published, make their own small films and reach audiences without the arduous processes that existed in the past. We really live in the instant era and for that I am grateful. Also to have drawn the attention of such talented producers is also a real joy.



If you are an indie or a professional check out ACX.com and if you want to find a producer then put your books up for audition. Who knows you may find the perfect producer to give you books audio life!

Link to ACX.Comhttps://www.acx.com/

Link to Ruby Allure books on Audible: http://www.audible.com/search/ref=a_hp_tseft?advsearchKeywords=Ruby+allure&filterby=field-keywords&x=0&y=0

No comments:

Post a Comment