Ruby Allure's Books

Ruby Allure's Books
Ruby Allure's Books

Sunday 11 October 2015

Dealing with Other People's Opinions

Dealing with Other People's Opinions

Image result for opinions

This week has been quite a week because I got my first 1 star on Audible. In all honesty it knocked me sideways. I have never received a 1 star for anything. So, rather than dwell on it, I used the 'enemy' as my friend. When we have such situations we can use them to see how we feel about life, look at our issues and our triggers. I know this sounds weird to some; however, you can either take things personally or use these opportunities to grow. You can turn 'shyte' into fertiliser!

One of the biggest things that I learned in corporation, business, entrepreneurialism and innovation is to fail quickly. This may be a new concept to many; however, time is wasted when we spend time dwelling on why we failed. What is worse is berating ourselves for failing. The way I see it is fail quickly, learn as much as you can, move on and make bigger leaps. Life is too short to dwell on other people's opinions. They are just opinions. What's more, not everyone will like what you do, what you write and who you are. Another point to pay attention to is not everyone can fancy you. Once you realise this you have a sense of freedom. So turn whatever the challenge is around and consider the fact that someone's opinion is enabling them to miss out on you. This may seem egotistical, it is the opposite. When you reach a state of feeling good enough, it does not matter who likes what you do. You stop looking for other people's approval. It does not matter what they think or whether they like what you do. You are contributing to the world without agenda. You are connected to something and that something in you that drives you to deliver no matter what. Imagine reaching that state.

So the catalyst for this was CLAN DESTINE - Dead Women Have Vendettas. It was newly released on Audible last week. The 1 star arrived on the second day of existence. When I saw it I was like -'Oh God - no one will buy it if I have a 1 star'. I was wrong the sales ramped up the next day. That was what amazed me - I really could not tell you why. There is no logic to what makes your books sell. What's more, Clan Destine is one of my darkest works. It was written to take me into the shadow of what would motivate a woman to be an assassin and justify a need to kill. It really was something I could not comprehend, so that is why I wrote the novel. In the meantime, the books have sold on Kindle and in paperback, so that is why the one star was a gift. I have received plenty of five stars and that one star threw me. It is like when you receive five pounds or five dollars and then lose a pound or a dollar - we are more likely to focus on the loss than the gain. So this little situation revealed where I was in my 'approval state', it was a catalyst to write a blog on how to deal with criticism and how to make it benefit you and it has made me have CLAN DESTINE week where I will post a daily blog with a chapter for the week. So from bad has come good. I hope you all enjoy... It is dark though - be warned!

Oh and to cheer my self up I read numerous 1 star reviews for 50 shades... Some are hilarious!

Is it really a 1 star?  To find out:
http://www.audible.com/pd/Mysteries-Thrillers/Clan-Destine-Dead-Women-Have-Vendettas-Audiobook/B015YJ3P8K/ref=a_search_c4_1_1_srImg?qid=1444588860&sr=1-1

Clan Destine: Dead Women Have Vendettas | [Ruby Allure]

No comments:

Post a Comment