Ruby Allure's Books

Ruby Allure's Books
Ruby Allure's Books

Monday 14 September 2015

The Money Farm Chapter 0-1

MONEY FARM


In celebration of The Money Farm being released on audio and in paperback I will be posting chapters on consecutive days during the working week with a link to hear the audio. I genuinely hope you enjoy what you read and hear and desire to share my writing with your friends:) I want to thank Helen Lloyd for doing such a fantastic job on the audio. I have worked with some phenomenal audio producers over the last year and will be sharing samples of the other books too over the next weeks.

The Money Farm


by

RUBY ALLURE

 Copyright RUBY ALLURE

(on behalf of the author)
 
When did you buy into buying?

How did debt become a viable option?

 

CHAPTER 0


Truth: Everyone is connected through money.

What would happen if money ceased to exist overnight?

What would you do? How would you survive?

Three years from now: at one minute past midnight, on the first day of the year, the financial plague would be activated.

The M.O.N.E.Y. farm digitally sneezed and infected all accounts. Since trillions of dollars-worth of financial digital money messages moved around the globe in a day, within three years every account on the planet would be infected. That was the plan. It was just a matter of time before the whole world would recognise the viral symptoms, and at that point it would be too late.

With one month until financial detonation, the M.O.N.E.Y. farm, simply known as money, withdrew its bridges and sailed its financial platforms to a remote area close to Iceland. All manner of simulated chaos had been anticipated. It was just a matter of waiting for the world to be ready to listen to M.O.N.E.Y. and the new Financial World Order. In the meantime, it continued to self-sufficiently do business as usual, knowing that every financial pillar in the world would collapse. At least, that was what it intended.

PART 1

CHAPTER 1


A BROKEN SYSTEM


Three sentences - the catalyst for complete change:-

If money was the root of all evil then what did that make those partaking in the system?

Were we all unwittingly evil or was the money concept evil?

What was the alternative?

            The principal coughed and shattered my churning thoughts. He turned from his archaic filing cabinet, trudged across the brown leathered room and then plonked down on his worn seat. He studied me for a short while and arranged some official looking papers. He carried the aroma of ‘old man’s musty aftershave’ with a hint of lemon.

“Gillian I am going say this as best as I can… I’m sorry but the government funding for your lecturing post has dried up. The paper you wrote on Reactance, Resistance, Reflexivity and Reversal in times of financial and social hardship didn’t go down well… at all… with anyone… on the board.” The principal paused, stared at the papers and sucked his lip through his teeth. He sounded like an emptying plughole. “So… we are going to have let you go.” He shuffled paper, re-aligned silver pens, and peered over his black-rimmed spectacles.

The sound of my clawing nails over leather filled the stagnant atmosphere. The heat of the blush accompanied by stunned silence and gritted teeth was enough. What could I say? He had always reminded me of an elephant seal with glasses. I glared at the ceiling spotlights shining on his heart-shaped bald patch. My fists clenched, my stomach folded and I scrutinized the five stunted hairs traversing his scalp combed from left to right. Thirty-two illuminated specks of dandruff sat in the curve of his pinstriped lapel. Twenty-seven hairs poked from the top of his crisp white shirt. There were two shaving accidents on the left side of his face, one half-healed. I distracted myself with patterns when the reality was that the institution had taken for granted all my years of hard work. The paper was a warning of what was to come. Were they oblivious or were they caught in the mass persuasion mania? Who actually wanted to face they were the product of their conditioning? Who wanted their life-value equated to figures in a bank account? That paper was not written for approval from a board of grey people who talked with haughty taught accents! It was inspired by a vision and evidenced by research. Obviously they did not know about the latter because one could never rationalize inspiration or intuition. That was for mad people.

The sound of a diver’s ventilator filled the atmosphere. My deep breaths were punctured by the aroma of dark wood and lacquer. I could hear my heart pounding in my throat, yet I couldn’t say a thing.

He stared. Waiting.

Three sentences had ended an era. My silk-lined rut intended to eject me into the unknown during a time of financial unrest. I stood silently to leave. With my throat fully constricted, what was there to say? They would soon find out that intuition combined with true analysis resulted in unpopular findings. Unfortunately no-one wanted to hear or acknowledge what was inevitable. The preservative imbued bread and elaborate digital circuses kept the mass hypnotized, fascinated them with subliminal messaging and towing the indebted line. Time was running out.
 
 
 
LINK  TO HEAR ON AUDIO - SOUND CLOUD
 
 
 
Narration - Helen Lloyd - Kick A$$!
Really Great Narration - Brits and Aussies and Germans and more. Lovely voice to listen to and she even captured the rather robotic nature of the cult-like members of the Money Farm.

This is a really terrific book - and is it bad that for the majority of the book I was thinking "sign me up!" (or at least sign up one of my grand-kids and let me move into one of the retirement neighborhoods).

The Money's are all 'their best selves' due to the nutrition and fitness requirements along with a few other treatments along the way which are tailored to each individual and allow them to reach their full potential. All their needs are met, they have no debts, no worries, they are appreciated and they all live in really nice digs. (like I said...sign me up!)

It's a smartly written and thought provoking book of a Dystopian/Eutopian society where our heroine Jyllian finds her-self jobless with her savings running out. She ends up being selected to join the M.O.N.E.Y.'s as a "breaker" because of her intelligent & rebellious way of thinking. She is to challenge their systems and find ways to break them, all in the name of making them better.

The story follows her and a few other select characters through their introduction to Money, their training, their indoctrination and ultimately through their discovery of what Money's goals really are.

I can't really say much more without giving away too much, but I thought it was a really terrific book. It was hard for me to 'get into it' in the beginning, but I plan to listen to the start again.

It's smartly written and filled with intricate details about these two "worlds". Really an interesting book about the state of the worlds finances! Loved it! I'm actually stunned that I'm only the second review of this book on Goodreads. READ or LISTEN to it! It's a keeper!

I received a copy of this audiobook free of charge from Audiobookblast in exchange for an unbiased review.
0 of 0 people found this review helpful

  •  
    Frode 08-06-15
    Frode 08-06-15 Member Since 2015
    Norwegian in a English world!
     
    "M.O.N.E.Y. is bad? This book is not!"
    So Money Farm by Ruby Allure was a surprise! When i REALLY did not read things about this book i review for Audiobook Blast, i sometimes get books i don't know something about. BTW: I read 99% about the books i want to review, but this book i can't remember i did that for. Anyways: This was a nice surprise, and i think it is one of those books that is better the second time you read it. No joke! I listen to this twice before i made this! Money Farm makes you thin, and who does not like to hear a book that makes you think? It is a awesome book, that i will recommend to all that likes audiobooks, and really to people that does not!

    Helen Lloyd english accent f its the topic like a glow and a hand! Her "lady like" voice is so cold, and clair i feel that the author made this book thinking that Helen Lloyd would read it out loud! That is how i feel those two fits together! The 2 times 14 hrs and 6 mins i spend with her never feels boring or uninteresting! I would love to spend it again, and i will because this book i will hear again, and again, even when it is 14 hrs and 6 mins long! That is saying something!

    I was provided this audiobook at no charge by the author, publisher and/or narrator in exchange for an unbiased review via AudiobookBlast dot com
    0 of 0 people found this review helpful
  •                                                                               
     
    Susan Keefe France07-13-15
    Susan Keefe France07-13-15
     
    "Incredibly thought provoking..."
    Would you recommend this audiobook to a friend? If so, why?
    Yes I would, the author has written an extremely interesting book, with a good story, and the narrator Helen Lloyd brings it to life brilliantly.

    What did you like best about this story?
    I like the way it made you think about the way normal everyday life is here and now, and the future...

    Have you listened to any of Helen Lloyd’s other performances before? How does this one compare?
    I have never listened to Helen Lloyd narrating before. However, she narrated this fairly long audiobook brilliantly. Although a story, the content was very intense and thought provoking, however, her lovely smooth voice was very easy to listen to and I thought it was just perfect, a fascinating book wonderfully narrated.

    Any additional comments?
    This was a fascinating book, deep and very thought provoking, it made you wonder…

  •  
     
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment